How GPS (Global Positioning System) Works
The GPS (Global Positioning System) is a satellite based technology for providing geo-location of any object on earth. This technology was originally developed by the US government for military use but later open to public and commercial use.
The GPS (Global Positioning System) is a global navigation satellite system (GNSS) that provides geolocation (location/position on earth) and time information to a GPS receiver in all weather conditions, anywhere on or near the Earth.
Use of GPS (Global Positioning System)
- Most common and well known use of GPS (Global Positioning System) technology is GPS Vehicle Tracking System which is used to locate the real time / live location of your vehicle anytime and anywhere.
- Another common use of this technology is Car Navigation which help drivers to navigate from one place to another place. Now a days this function can be used on any smart phone. Now a days almost all smartphones are equipped with GPS chip. You can use navigation on your mobile phone itself.
- With the help of GPS Personal / Child Tracker devices, you can see the current location of your children.
- Your can keep tracking of elderly members of your family and get instant alert if they move our of bounded perimeter.
- Plan a road trip around interesting points of interests, landmarks, campsites, diners, etc, and hear fewer ‘Are we there yets?’- and of course get the most out of that expensive gas.
- Ambulances equipped with GPS Tracking Device help Emergency Management System more quicker and effective.
- Keep a visual journal and bookmark collection of your favorite hot spots, sceneries, and points of interests, that may not be listed in any travel guide (You can create your own mini travel guides and memories).
- Find lost pets easily using collars with built-in GPS, better than running around in your pajamas hollering like a maniac.
- Feel safer with cellular phone 911 calls, so emergency personnel can pinpoint your location once you make an emergency call. Please double check your carrier service to see that it has GPS features and get a primer on how it works if possible.
- Get to your interview, or any important time sensitive destination or engagement, faster by finding shortcuts and correct directions.
- Find a good Italian restaurant near your movie theatre on the fly.
- Track your luggage, laptops, and anything of importance while traveling.
- Track and find family, friends in a crowded concert, graduation, or any social gathering.
- When going on a vacation, feel free to separate from group for a while to venture on your own based on your own interests and find them later on with your GPS enabled device- even in an unfamiliar place.